Peepal Farm animal rescue organization received a call about a baby monkey that accidentally got electrocuted. The infant, Anvi, was so severely injured that she ended up getting left behind by her troop after failing to keep up with them.
Joelleen, the farm’s co-founder, and her colleagues rushed to Anvi’s location to pick her up and be placed under their care. However, Anvi’s stress levels skyrocketed as soon as she was placed inside a cage during transit since she was not used to being in one.
Joelleen recalled how worried they were that Anvi might not make it through the night because of how high her stress levels were. However, Anvi started calming down when their resident cat, Billo, began sitting next to her kennel and sleeping beside her every day.
Billo became the emotional support that Anvi needed, and she recovered after a month of being in the shelter. Anvi started becoming more playful with each passing day, but Billo, being a cat, hated being bothered.
Billo started ignoring Anvi and often kept putting her monkey foster sibling whenever she got too annoying. Anvi decided to hang around with other dogs at the shelter because they played back with her, and she became best friends with one of her doggy playmates named Munnu.
Anvi was playing around with other dogs when one of the animal rescuers noticed Anvi clinging to Munnu’s back. Everyone believed that Anvi must have found it comforting to ride him as if she was his mother because they saw how calm Anvi was.
Munnu, who was dumped as a young puppy with his sister, Chunnu, remained under the shelter facility after her sibling got adopted. Joelleen shared how happy she and her fellow rescuers were because Anvi and Munnu are each other’s best friends.
Source: The Dodo via Facebook